Personalizing Cremation Services
Personalizing cremation services in Phoenix, AZ is one way that you can uniquely honor the memory of and pay your respects to your deceased loved one. Funeral services often follow a traditional format and are more somber in tone, but cremation services can be less structured and more focused on good memories of and good stories about your loved one.
Cremation services can focus on remembering your loved one’s personality, their contributions and achievements, and the heart of their spirit that can be seen in every aspect of their life. Ideas for personalizing cremation services can be as simple or as elaborate as you want them to be. You can combine things that make the service to honor the life of your deceased loved one in just the right way for them and for you and your family.
One idea that people often use in cremation services is a video tribute to their loved one. This can be a photo gallery that captures their life from the time they were born until they time they died, that is accompanied by songs that they loved or that capture the essence of the way you arranged the photos or the types of photos that you used.
There are plenty of free video creation software programs available on the internet. If you have a technical aptitude or someone in your family does, they are fairly simple to use to create a cremation services video.
Memory tables are also a popular concept that people use to personalize cremation services. Memory tables – you may have one or you may have several – highlight things that mattered to your loved one, things that remind you of your loved one, or things among their own possessions that they valued and cherished. You can also include pictures on the memory tables, and you can include poems or passages that your deceased love one was fond of.
Specific ideas for memory tables might include things like military service, their occupation (if it was something other than the military), their hobbies and interests, their family devotion, and their contributions to the community. Your imagination is the only limit, so be bold and creative.
Another idea for personalizing cremation services is to fill the room with flowers and plants that were favorites of your deceased loved one and that have special meaning in death. Some of the most common cremation services flowers include:
- Lilies or Peace Lilies – Lilies are probably the most popular type of flowers for cremation services. You can have cut flowers or plants. Lilies suggest a return of the soul to peaceful innocence, so they are a very comforting flower or plant to have;
- Roses – Roses are another beautiful flower to have at cremation services. Red roses symbolize love, white roses symbolize purity, and yellow roses symbolize friendship;
- Orchids – A beautiful and fragrant flower, orchids simply express eternal love for the person who has died;
- Chrysanthemums (Mums) – While chrysanthemums have various meanings in different cultures, in the West, they symbolize honor and sympathy. The red part of chrysanthemums stands for love, while the white part stands for innocence.
- Carnations – Carnations are another popular flower for cremation services. Pink carnations symbolize love, red carnations symbolize affection, and white carnations symbolize innocence.
For more information about personalizing cremation services in Phoenix, AZ, including grief resources, our caring and knowledgeable staff at Simply Cremations & Funeral Arrangements is here to assist you. You can visit our funeral home at 16952 W Bell Rd., Ste 303, Surprise, AZ 85374, or you can call us today at (623) 975-9393.